- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sterling Audio Buy 2 and Save: ST170 Ribbon Microphone Pair
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J57054 000000000 J57054000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With a switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad, the Sterling Audio ST155 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone provides additional versatility...Click To Read More About This Product
Organic sound from modern ribbon technology.
With a switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad, the Sterling Audio ST155 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone provides additional versatility in the recording studio. Its 1 in. large-diaphragm design delivers richly detailed and articulate sound along with incredible smoothness and warmth, while its hand-assembled capsule and custom-wound transformer make it a standout in its class. Includes an SM8 premium metal, band-suspension shock mount and custom padded carry case that complement the ST155’s rugged construction and visual style.
Check out The Hub article complete with audio samples comparing these and two other Sterling Audio Recording microphones.
- Tape-style tone for electric guitar, drums and other instruments
- Versatile Figure-8 pickup pattern
- Full frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Extreme volume handling: 132 dB SPL
- Includes SM5 metal shock mount and aluminum case
- Requires phantom power
Try these ribbon mics in your setup. Order today and save.
- Circuit Type: Active Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Capsule Design: 2-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnet: Rare earth neodymium
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise: 22 dB SPL A-Weighted
- Typical Load Imp: >1,000 Ohms
- Output Source Imp: 200 Ohms Transformerless
- Microphone Dimensions: 7.8 in. long, 1.4 in. max. diameter
- Microphone Weight: 11.4 oz.
- Power Supply: +48V phantom power
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.