- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tascam SERIES 208i 20-In/8-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L48303 000000000 L48303000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The TASCAM SERIES 208i 20-In/8-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface provides professional quality, expandability, both internal and bundled eﬀects processing...Click To Read More About This Product
Free Microphone, Headphone or SD card
Tascam Summer Savings - Purchase qualifying items and receive a Free Microphone, Headphone or SD card, June 1, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
Offer expires 07/31/20Download Rebate
20 channels of premium Tascam audio with ultra high grade preamps and modern connectivity.
The TASCAM SERIES 208i 20-In/8-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface provides professional quality, expandability, both internal and bundled eﬀects processing, internal mixing, external software control, and more for studio, home, and live recording. With a new look, including an angled tabletop design and large, easy-to-grab knobs, TASCAM sets a new standard for mid-grade audio interfaces.
Supreme Audio Fidelity
It all starts with the best sound: TEAC and TASCAM have more than 60 years of high-grade audio design experience. TASCAM Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Ampliﬁer) mic preamp circuitry guarantees transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise. A new-generation TASCAM audio interface engine delivers high-deﬁnition, 24-bit/192 kHz recording and solid stability.
Expandable Input Capability
Easily add more input channels to accommodate future growth by using external microphone preampliﬁers with S/MUX optical inputs to record drums, guitars, keyboards, vocals, and more. SERIES 208i has two S/MUX optical ports that can accept up to 16 channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device.
Built-in DSP Effects and Processing
A DSP input and output mixer are complemented with digital reverb, compressor, phase invert, and 4-band EQ for each channel. Having these processors included internally eliminates all latency issues and takes the load off the computer allowing the PC/Mac to process the audio more efficiently.
Control Software for Matrix Mixing, Effects Processors, and More
Free, easy-to-use TASCAM Control software manages faders, processing, and the ability to route any audio input (analog, optical, and USB) to any audio output. A new USB driver offers very high stability, ensuring 100% reliable performance every time.
Well-Designed Interface for Quick Production
TASCAM SERIES audio interfaces feature a large, easy-to-grab Monitor control knob that ensures you can quickly adjust the monitor output level. Their angled tabletop design offers easy access to all front-panel controls. A handy Monitor Balance control enables mixing live input with computer playback for zero-latency monitoring. Each analog input channel is served by an individually switched +48 volt phantom power supply for condenser microphones.
Included software bundle
As a standard value-added feature, TASCAM SERIES 208i ships bundled with a suite of software: at the core of music production is Steinberg’s Cubase LE / Cubasis LE; for instrument recording included is IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube with guitar/bass modeling and powerful effects; newly added to the bundle is iZotope’s redesigned Neutron Elements, which includes 4 powerful tools for creating great mixes; last but not least, IK Multimedia’s T-RackS mastering software will finish up users’ creations into high quality masterpieces
- Four XLR/TRS combo mic/line/instrument inputs
- Four transparent, natural-sounding, ultra-low noise TASCAM Ultra-HDDA mic preampliﬁers
- Two optical S/MUX expansion ports that accept up to 16 channels of audio input (20 total inputs)
- Eight 1/4" analog line outputs for versatile monitoring and up to 7.1 surround audio
- Built-in eﬀects: reverb, compressor, four-band EQ, phase invert
- Powerful DSP input/output mixer controlled with free TASCAM Control software
- Software control of faders, routing, aux buses, effects, and phase invert
- Flexible I/O routing allows any analog, optical or USB audio input to be user-assigned to any output ports
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording and playback
- Includes Steinberg DAW software and IK Multimedia software
- Word clock I/O
- USB 2.0 connection and custom USB driver with high stability
Put premium sound between you and your sources without breaking the bank.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.