Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
DURGA 4 Hard Rubber Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiecefalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Versatile design lets you scream and play soft ballads with this unique mouthpiece.
The DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. The secret to the DURGA 4 comes from Theo's latest research and development, coming up with a newly designed baffle coupled with conical inner side walls and a special version of their True Large Chamber incorporating an Inverted Power Ring. The Inverted Power Ring is set at the back of the chamber and works with the physics principle of 'boundary layer effect', much like a golf ball's dimples. This allows the mouthpiece to get all the benefits of the True Large Chamber, plus the extra power needed for contemporary playing.
No other mouthpiece in history has been designed like this; it will blow you away since it can both scream and play a soft ballad. It is so much fun to play. Its huge sound makes everything before it sound thin and/or stuffy by comparison.
"Playing the DURGA was like meeting a woman and saying, when I first kissed her I knew that was it! She is the one!" - Sir Waldo Weathers (James Brown for 15 Years)
The DURGA tenor is also being used on tour with Marcus Anderson (Prince), Adrian Crutchfield (Bette Midler), Tim Izo Orindgreff (Black Eyed Peas), Mark Douthit (Elton John) and by such Superstars such as Dino Saldo. The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with more fullness and core to the sound, extending the dynamic range of your horn, and a greater sense of 'freedom of expression'.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock n' Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that makes everyone want to dance.
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and True Large Chamber. Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
Versatile sound you'll love to play. Order today.
DURGA 4 Hard Rubber Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece Specifications:Features
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on logo
- Ligature: Includes integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.