- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Theo Wanne GAIA 3 Gold Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L73814 000002000 L73814000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Theo Wanne's GAIA 3 alto sax mouthpiece is fully re-designed from the previous models. It still has the classic Meyer style of sound, but with many i...Click To Read More About This Product
The latest model of the GAIA, with new Shark-Gill baffle.
Theo Wanne's GAIA 3 alto sax mouthpiece is fully re-designed from the previous models. It still has the classic Meyer style of sound, but with many innovations. The GAIA alto is available in premium hard rubber and in 24K gold plated brass.
The result of the GAIA 3's new design is a freedom of play never before experienced in a traditional sounding alto mouthpiece. Easy to see innovations include the proprietary Shark-Gill Baffle, which improves the airflow and opens up the sound. Harder to see is the redesigned baffle shape and chamber. Once you spend some time on it, you will find a dynamic range and flexibility.
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces. The GAIA 3 Alto mouthpiece opens up a whole new world for the alto saxophone. It uses state-of-the-art manufacturing and premium materials. The GAIA 3 has evolved from the GAIA 1 with an even core and body to the sound.
Testimony from George Young
"The GAIA alto is the answer to a saxophonist's dream! Over my sixty years of performing in either recording studios, or performing live concerts, I can finally do it all with one mouthpiece instead of carrying several pieces around. The only mouthpiece I've played in seven decades with everything! Without any question, it’s a 'sonic miracle!'" - George Young (John Lennon, Rolling Stones, Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Sinatra, Madonna)
- Outplays traditional alto mouthpieces
- Full, rich and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge
- Includes proprietary Shark-Gill-Baffle, True Large Chamber, and rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Crafted to the highest accuracy
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
Play a new sound on your alto sax. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Included
- Plating: Reticulated 24K gold plating with highlights on globe logo
- Ligature: Integrated two-point contact 24K gold plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads