Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Boss Katana-Head MkII 100W Guitar Amplifier Headtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The evolution of a modern classic.
More Sounds, More Versatility
The stage-class Katana MkII lineup picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series such a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you’ll love Katana MkII even more. And if you’re new to the party, get ready for sound, feel, and versatility that soars far beyond its price class.
Five Amp Characters, Ten Overall Tones
Katana MkII’s five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. The characters have now been extended with newly voiced variations, providing a wider palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Five Effects at Once
Katana MkII now includes five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want—customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Full-Throttle Sound Every Time You Plug In
Backed by BOSS’s Tube Logic approach, Katana MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, Katana MkII’s variable Power Control makes it easy to fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play, from bedroom to stage.
Amplify Your External Gear
The versatile Katana-Head MkII can also be used as a dedicated amplifier for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MkII’s preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One-Touch Recall of Custom Setups
One of the Katana-Head MkII’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller.
Connect and Control
The speaker out on the Katana-Head MkII supports connection to your preferred 8-ohm or 16-ohm cabinet. And with the handy built-in monitor speaker, you’re able to check tones and practice anywhere without having to hook up a cab at all. Advanced players will appreciate the MIDI input, which provides easy integration with MIDI controllers and switching devices.
Stereo Made Easy
One Katana MkII sounds great, but playing two at once is even better. The new Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You’re able to control everything from the master Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all 100-watt Katana MkII models.
Ready-to-Mix Direct Tones
The Katana-Head MkII features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC foot controller is the perfect partner for the Katana-Head MkII. It connects with a single cable, requires no external power, and features a slim, rugged profile that takes up minimal space. With six footswitches, you’re able to recall Tone Settings, turn effects on/off, and tap in tempos. Two expression pedals can also be connected, providing foot control of volume, Pedal FX, and up to three assignable parameters (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio).
BOSS Tone Studio Enhancements
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There’s also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you’re a first-gen Katana owner, it’s possible to import your custom patches and use them all with Katana MkII.
- Light and portable 100-watt guitar amp head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Integrated five-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (available on 100-watt models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable from the panel or BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal, plus MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Trust Boss to create your sound. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.