- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Diezel VH4 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J25073 000000000 J25073000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The mighty VH4 head is the powerhouse that put Diezel on the map. Dissatisfied with the sounds from commonly available amps, rocker Peter Diezel crea...Click To Read More About This Product
Four massively versatile independent channels paired with 100W to show them off.
The mighty VH4 head is the powerhouse that put Diezel on the map. Dissatisfied with the sounds from commonly available amps, rocker Peter Diezel created the VH4 tone monster in 1994 just to please himself”and got so many requests from tone-hungry fellow guitarists for their own Diezel amps that he had to put the VH4 into production.
The VH4 head features a beefy, 100 Watt output section with four distinctly voiced preamp channels, each with separate gain, EQ and master controls. Other useful features include series and parallel loops, plus four channel inserts to add pedals or rack effects to any single channel.
With a highly versatile, four-channel preamp section (Clean; Crunch; Mega and Lead), virtually any sound you can think of is on tap”and MIDI switching allows the VH4 to easily adapt to any rig configuration. At lower gain settings, the Clean channel produces the now-classic Diezel sparkle and chime, but crank up the gain a bit and the Clean channel can get into that robust Townshend/Hiwatt zone. The Crunch channel begins where the Clean channel leaves off, delivering hearty vintage cleans to glorious AC/DC-style rhythm and lead sounds. The Mega channel delivers Diezel' trademark, highly defined, heavy-metal rhythm sounds to soaring solo sounds. The lead channel carries over from Mega, more gain, more compression, more bottom, more smooth top end”creamy, authoritative, loud.
The power stage of the VH4 is rated at 100W, driven by four JJ KT77 output tubes. Power amp controls include a master volume (maximum clean volume at around 1 o™clock, beyond that adds power amp distortion), global presence (centered at around 4K) and a œDeep knob, which is an active bass control that adds low end punch (centered at around 90 Hz).
Each power tube has a tube fault indicator and a separate fuse. In case of tube failure, the fuse blows and takes the tube out of the circuit, allowing continued use of the amp until a repair can be made.
- Maximum wattage: 76W“100W; 100W
- Tube or solid state: Tube/valve
- Type: Head
- Number of preamp tubes: Info not available
- Preamp tube type: Info not available
- Number of power tubes: 4
- Power tube type: KT77
- Power attenuation: No
- Impedance: 4, 8, 16 ohms
- Number of channels: 4
- Footswitchable: Yes
- Number of inputs: 1
- Number of modes:
- Channel 1: 3-band EQ; Volume; Gain
- Channel 2: 3-band EQ; Volume; Gain
- Channel 3: 3-band EQ; Volume; Gain
- Channel 4: 3-band EQ; Volume; Gain
- Master volume: Yes
- Mid-shift: No
- Depth: Yes
- Resonance: No
- Presence: Yes
- Bright: Yes
- Contour: No
- Reverb: No
- Voicing control: No
- Boost: No
- MIDI control: Yes
- Footswitch included: No
- Effects loop: Yes
- Footswitchable: Yes
- Reverb: No
- Tremolo: No
- Delay: No
- Echo: No
- Flanger: No
- Phaser: No
- Modulation: No
- Chorus: No
- External speaker output: Yes
- Headphone output: No
- Direct output: No
- AUX input: No
- USB connectivity: No
- Built-in tuner: No
- Mute: Yes
- Width: 29 in.
- Height: 12 in.
- Depth: 11 in.
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- Country of origin: Germany
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.