- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
'68 Custom Twin Reverb 85W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp with Celestion G12V-70s Speaker
Condition 2 - Blemished Black 190839736208
- #J00633 005001067 J00633005001067
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front p...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Clear, deep and powerful.
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Twin Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the backline amp of choice for pros and amateurs everywhere. Clear, deep and powerful, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Twin Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Twin Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silver- face" amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the "custom" channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. The '68 Custom Twin Reverb's dual 12" Celestion G12V-70 speakers also deliver a more distinctively rock ˜n' roll flavor.
Comes equipped with Celestion Speakers (V Type) for a more modern, punchy sound that breaks up nicely when pushed. Reduced negative feedback lends a more "touch-sensitive" feel, quicker break up and added harmonic richness. The shared tremolo on both channels adds to its versatility. Because of this the '68 channels are wired in phase and can be blended for more tonal options, via A/B/Y box. "Custom" channel features a 50s Tweed "Bassman" tone circuit for more low mids and sooner breakup.
The '68s are ideal for players that love their amps to break up a little sooner, rock players, alternative players that like something a little different, players that use pedals,players that love the look of "Silverface" amps.
- 85 watts into 4 ohms of all-tube power
- Both channels with reverb and tremolo
- Custom channel with modified Bassman tone stack
- Quick gain onset and reduced negative feedback
- Dual 12" Celestion G12V-70 speakers
Grab this improved and powerful classic. Order today.
- Controls: Custom Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass. Vintage Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 85 watts into 4 ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Tilt Back Legs: Includes Tilt-Back Legs
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 10.375" (21.9cm)
- Amplifier Width: 26.15" (66cm)
- Amplifier Height: 19.87" (50.46cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 64lb. (29kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: Two - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 6L6)
- Unique Features: Modified Twin Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface tonality, modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth.
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.