- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Orange Amplifiers Micro Dark 20W Tube Hybrid Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J26230 000000000 J26230000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
After much player demand, Orange is building on both its diminutive Micro series and high-gain Dark series with the aptly named Micro Dark. It has mo...Click To Read More About This Product
Small, dark and totally awesome!
After much player demand, Orange is building on both its diminutive Micro series and high-gain Dark series with the aptly named Micro Dark. It has more gain than the original Micro Terror, and it's smaller than the Dark Terror, an awesomely potent combination. This 20W hybrid head comes loaded with a single 12AX7 preamp tube for authentic tube overdrive, paired with a bullet-proof solid-state power section and stuck in a package that can fit in the glove box of a car. The end result is a deceptively loud head that's bursting forth with high-gain Orange tone.
The controls are simple as can be. With just three knobs - volume, shape and gain - it's unbelievely easy to dial in your tone. The shape control varies the midrange response along with the bass and treble, so rotating it to the left will add mids and smooth the highs, while a twist right will reduce the mids and brighten the tone. And one twist of the gain knob will show that, despite its adorable stature, this thing is no novelty. It cranks out serious, high-gain, face-melting tone at volumes that'll leave you shocked.
Further building on the outstanding Micro platform, the Micro Dark comes equipped with a transparent, fully buffered FX loop, so you can use your favorite pedals with ease. Using the built-in CabSim headphone output - which simulates a 4x12" cab output through headphones or as a direct out - or the optional PPC108 1x8" cab, The Micro Dark is an ideal practice rig. But if you dare to plug it into a full-sized cab, it can turn into a mighty studio weapon.
- Power: 20W (hybrid)
- Tube: one 12AX7 (preamp)
- Single channel
- Controls: Gain, shape, volume
- Impedance: 8-16 ohms
- Transparent FX loop
- Headphone out with CabSim circuit
- Carrying handle
- Dimensions: 6.5 in. x 5.3 in. x 3.74 in.
- Weight: 1.72 lbs.
Big things come in small packages. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.