- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering PZ-Deluxe Acoustic Preamp / Direct Box Guitar Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J01442 000000000 J01442000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial PZ-Deluxe is a studio-quality instrument preamp that works well with a wide variety of pickups and transducers. Apart from its studio appl...Click To Read More About This Product
Studio quality comes to the stage.
The Radial PZ-Deluxe is a studio-quality instrument preamp that works well with a wide variety of pickups and transducers. Apart from its studio applications, it packs a full array of features into a compact pedal that is great for live stage use.
And like most studio preamps, the PZ-Deluxe begins with a low noise front end that is capable of exceptional dynamics to adapt to all instruments including acoustic guitar, upright bass, mandolin and violin no matter what type of pickup system is being used. For piezo transducers, a special PZB gain stage may be engaged that increases the input impedance to 10 meg-Ohms to eliminate squawk and explosive peaks that are common with other systems. This eliminates the need for a separate preamp - which is of particular importance for those that do not want to cut a hole into their vintage guitar.
The control panel is well appointed with input gain, 3-band semi-parametric EQ with variable mid-frequency, three position low frequency resonance filter and 180-degree polarity reverse switches to eliminate acoustic hot spots that cause runaway resonant feedback. A guitar level output delivers the sound to the artist's stage amp while the built-in Radial direct box feeds the PA system. This balanced low impedance output enables the PZ-Deluxe to drive long cable runs of over 100 meters (300 feet) without noise. A separate tuner output enables quiet on-stage adjustments by depressing the mute switch. And for solos, a variable power booster with set & forget level control lets you punch through the mix when needed.
The Radial PZ-Deluxe is compact for easy transportation, made tough to handle the road, plug & play easy to use and delivers exceptional studio quality audio.
The PZ-Deluxe 15V supply delivers more headroom than typical 9V devices for greater dynamics, less distortion and more natural tone. This makes the PZ-Deluxe the perfect front end for acoustic guitars with built-in active systems, electric violin and magnetic pickups.
Direct piezo hook-up
The PZ-deluxe eliminates the need for a preamp. Simply activate the PZB gain stage and the PZ-Deluxe automatically elevates the input impedance to 10 meg Ohms and connect the guitar directly to the studio quality preamp for smooth, natural performance.
The studio quality preamp delivers exceptional performance no matter what instrument you plug in. This makes the PZ-Deluxe a great choice for acoustic bass, viola, mandolin, banjo or just about any acoustic instrument. Bypass your external preamp by turning on the PZB for optimum performance.
- Combination instrument preamp and direct box
- Exceptionally quiet audio performance
- Works on all types of pickups and transducers
- Footswitches for muting and power booster
Order now and have a new friend in the studio and on stage.
- Circuit type: Class A FET Hybrid Input Stage
- Frequency response: 20Hz 18kHz (0/-3dB)
- Dynamic range: 105dB
- Total harmonic dostortion: 0.03% @ -20dB output
- Equivalent Input Noise -108dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.07%
- Input Impedance - PZB Off: 6.8K-ohms
- Input Impedance - PZB On: 10M-ohms
- Gain - 1/4" Input to stage amp out: +16dB (PZB-Off)
- Gain - 1/4" input to XLR Out: +21dB (PZB-Off)
- Gain - PZB Piezo booster circuit: +10dB
- Gain - Boost On: +13dB maximum
- Output Impedance - XLR Output 4k-ohms
- Size: (6.1" x 3.8" x 2.1") (155 x 96.5 x 53mm)
- Weight: 1.75lbs (0.8kg)
- Power Requirement: 15V ('Nominal) 400mA Center Pin Positive Adapter
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.