- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tone King Gremlin 5W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L21446 000003000 L21446000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
There’s nothing quite like the sounds of a cranked-up blackface or tweed-era guitar amplifier; but, getting those tones at the reduced volume levels ...Click To Read More About This Product
Don't be afraid to feed this little tone beast after midnight.
There’s nothing quite like the sounds of a cranked-up blackface or tweed-era guitar amplifier; but, getting those tones at the reduced volume levels modern players often encounter has been increasingly difficult. Until now. Introducing the Tone King Gremlin 1x12” 5-watt all-tube combo. Whether you’re picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, the Gremlin dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire.
The amp’s two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone an intuitive process. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a more blackface tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input’s tweed-style drive is more your flavor. Thanks to Tone King's Ironman II power attenuator, on the back, you’re able to enjoy all of the juicy goodness of maxed power tubes at a level that won’t wake the neighbors. If you're drawn to the American side of cranked vintage amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
Vintage U.S. amp tones
It's brilliant, the variety of tones you’ll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform, or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin’s got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it’s all yours on-demand.
Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
Even at 5 watt, the Gremlin is plenty powerful to keep up with most drummers. But Tone King added Ironman reactive load power attenuator right onboard to get that same sweet amp drive at bedroom levels. Experience the screaming tube tone we all crave, at a volume everyone will agree on.
Deceptively massive tone
Tone King engineers went through great lengths to design a cabinet and custom Celestion 12" 870 speaker that deliver the wide dynamic range of a larger tube amp, while always retaining the Gremlin’s vintage character. All in a size that will easily fit in your car, bedroom, or even a cramped performance stage.
- Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
- Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
- Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
- Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 5W (tube)
- Tubes: two 12AX7 (preamp); one KT66 (power amp)
- Speaker: 1x12" custom-voiced Celestion 870
- Compact cabinet engineered for clear highs and a big low end
- Convenient size is perfect gigging guitarists
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 8" x 3"
- Weight: 34 lb
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.