Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
BOSS ES-5 Effects Switching System Guitar Amplifier Footswitchtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
BOSS ES-5 Effects Switching System Guitar Amplifier Footswitch
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Practical and essential use options for guitar and bass players.
- Programmable switching system with five loops
- Analog circuit design to protect your pure tone
- Unprecedented routing flexibility with the ability to change the routing order and create a parallel effect chain
- External control parameters such as delay time can be saved for each patch
- Buffers can be turned on/off individually for the input and output and stored in each patch; level variability for output buffer
- Highly reliable footswitches with switch-noise mute capability
- Backlit LCD display shows detailed information at a glance
- 200 patch memories provide unmatched capability for actively gigging musicians
- Completely customizable pedal function assignments
- Pro-level practicality and creativity in a compact body
Small Footprint, Huge Advance in a Pedalboard
The ES-5 is a powerful and versatile effects switching system that gives you complete control over a pedalboard. To start, you connect your pedals to the ES-5’s audio loops, and then activate the loops as needed to achieve various pedal combinations. The on/off state of each loop and many other parameters can be saved in a patch, allowing you to instantly change sounds without dancing around to press the switches on individual pedals. Your guitar tone is also maintained, because it only travels through an effect when it’s needed for a particular sound.
Other loop switchers for pedals can accomplish the same thing. However, the ES-5 goes way beyond this core functionality, providing powerful routing flexibility, real-time control options, MIDI, and more in a space-saving unit. This gives you a great improvement for controlling effects that directly bring your creative ideas to life.
Flex Your Routability with the ES-5
One of the ES-5’s key features is its innovative routing flexibility, which provides the ability to easily rearrange the order of a chain of stompbox effects. This gives pro-level capability to access a wide array of effect combinations, offering total creative freedom to achieve unique sounds. In addition, the ES-5’s parallel chain function increases the effect combination options further, thereby expanding the final sound variation capability exponentially. What’s more, all of these programmed configurations can be saved for instant access during a live performance.
Isn’t it about Time You Got Connected?
Supporting the ES-5’s superior functionality is its comprehensive connectivity, which empowers this amazing switcher to do the job it does. In addition to the five effect loops on board, there are two TRS control output jacks and a TRS control/expression input jack. MIDI capability is also included for integrating seamlessly with MIDI-controlled stomp effects. These centralized controls make the ES-5 even more powerful as a total command center of sound creativity. Of course, as is consistent throughout the ES-5 system, all of these control settings are also storable.
Protects the Purity of Your Precious Tone
In addition to routing capability and connectivity, the ES-5 pays particular attention to sound quality. It’s designed in a way that does not contribute to sound deterioration, keeping your tone pure and free of noise. These results are accomplished by carefully designed analog circuitry developed with the know-how, experience, and design expertise of the BOSS engineering team. In further regard to tone pureness, the ES-5 is equipped with input and output buffers that can be turned on and off independently as needed to suit any rig.
Pro-Level Design for Gig Durability
The ES-5 effect switching system is more than just a smartly designed tool for the creation of awesome sounds. It is also a handsome piece of hardware that is going to look really good on your pedalboard. Built with durable mechanical functions in a road-tough design, the ES-5 combines huge technical innovations with small useful conveniences. Memory capability with 200 patches, a large display with extensive naming capacity, and robust responsive foot switches with full assignability are just a few of the features that even make this switcher the choice of the pros.
- 337 (W) x 97 (D) x 68 (H) mm
- 3-5/16 (W) x 3-7/8 (D) x 2-11/16 (H) inches
- 1.3 kg
- 2 lbs 14 oz
- AC adaptor
- Rubber foot x 4
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
Upgrade your signal chain. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.