- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-28 John Prine Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product J50280
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This beautiful model is limited to only 70 instruments. John Prine played a 1960’s D-28 his whole life, and he wanted his signature model to replicat...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Limited run honoring long-time D-28 player with antique toner finish, special case and label signed by artist.
This beautiful model is limited to only 70 instruments. John Prine played a 1960’s D-28 his whole life, and he wanted his signature model to replicate his coveted Martin guitar. The D-28 John Prine is crafted with an Engelmann spruce top and gorgeous Madagascar rosewood back and sides. The Madagascar rosewood headplate is inlaid with pearl angel wings, a nod to Prine’s masterpiece and most commonly covered song "Angel from Montgomery". The top bears an antique toner finish for a warm, aged appearance. This model also features antique white binding, bone nut and saddle, an ebony bridge, and an ebony fingerboard inlaid with abalone pearl snowflakes.
Comes with a very unique case made of a cream tweed exterior and bright red interior.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Engelmann Spruce
- Back & sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modded V with Standard Taper
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited edition
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
The ideal instrument for singer-songwriters. Order one of these rare instruments before they are all gone.