- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Limited Edition D-28 1955 CFM IV Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 423475
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When Martin designed the Limited Edition CFM IV 1955 D-28 acoustic guitar, they took great care to replicate the original 1955 specs as closely as po...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Built as close to the original 1955 D-28 as possible.
When Martin designed the Limited Edition CFM IV 1955 D-28 acoustic guitar, they took great care to replicate the original 1955 specs as closely as possible. Premium straight-grained Madagascar Rosewood backs approximate the look and tone of the original Brazilian Rosewood version. The top is high-grade Sitka Spruce, and braced in the original rear-shifted, non-scalloped pattern. The D-28 guitar's soundhole rosette is the Style-28 "4- 9-5" black & white lines configuration. A polished and beveled Delmar tortoise-colored pickguard, with period-correct squared bottom, is carefully fitted on top of the polished lacquer finish. The Martin D-28's body is bound in grained ivoroid and Boltaron; the two-piece back is joined with the traditional "checkered" marquetry backstrip, all in the 28 style. The 14-fret, modified "V" neck is carved of Mahogany with the classic diamond volute. Rounded edges are typical of mid-50s Martin headstocks, the result of gradual wearing down of the template over years of use. For authenticity, Martin duplicated this along with a period-correct C. F. Martin & Co. decal, and Kluson nickel-plated, "waffle" covered tuners with oval buttons.
- Body size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Back material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Side material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Binding Grained Ivoroid
- Neck shape: Modified V
- Headstock: Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper
- (1950s Rounded Corners)
- Scale length" 25.4''
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Style 28
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop In Long
- Tuning machines: Kluson Nickel Waffleback with Oval
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545E Geib style
- Interior label: Signed By CFM IV, Numbered in Sequence with Total (55)