- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J04720 000000000 J04720000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic Martin body with modern refinements, including high-quality Fishman electronics.
- Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars. With electronic imaging contributed from a 1967 vintage D-35 "donor" guitar, the resulting acoustic as well as amplified tone is projective, balanced and resonant. Classic and enhanced D-35 appointments include a three-piece back, black pickguard, ivoroid bindings, a certified European spruce soundboard with thin 1/4 in. width bracing, and Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics. The visual appeal of the original D-35 is captured and blended with a High Performance Neck taper for easy action and enhanced playability.
Comes with a 445 hardshell case.
Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
Body size: D-14 Fret
Top: European spruce
Rosette: Style 28
Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X"
Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4 in.
Back Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
Back Purfling: Style 35
Side Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
Neck Material: European spruce
Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
Heelcap: Grained ivoroid with multiple black/white Boltaron inlay
Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
Scale Length: 25.4 in.
# of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4 in.
Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8 in.
Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 - mother-of-pearl dots
Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
Finish Neck: Satin
Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
Bridge Style: 1930's style belly with drop-in saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16 in.
Saddle: 16 in. radius/compensated/white tusq
Tuning Machines: Chrome enclosed with large buttons
Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
Bridge & End Pins: White with black dots
Case: 445 Hardshell
Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
You can always count on Martin for qualtiy crafstmanship and sound. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear