- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin The D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 517685
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative guitar's polished-black gloss lacquer finish allows its appointments to shine. Five bands of alternating bl...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
This tribute to the "Man in Black" sounds as good as it looks.
The Martin D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative guitar's polished-black gloss lacquer finish allows its appointments to shine. Five bands of alternating black and white purfling encircle the top, three bands encircle the back and five bands border the sides, in all cases protected by grained ivoroid binding. The grained ivoroid heel cap and endpiece are likewise framed by multiple black and white inlays. The Style 45 rosette features an inlay of vibrant select green abalone pearl. Traditional Style 35 zigzag backstrips separate the three-piece back.
Both the fingerboard and headstock are bound with grained ivoroid and inset with mitered black/white fine line inlays. Martin's Old Style large decal logo gleams on the polished black ebony headplate. True to Cash's D-35 Custom, the headstock also sports Grover Rotomatic enclosed chrome tuners. The African black ebony fingerboard is inlaid with position markers similar to those on the D-42 Johnny Cash Signature Edition and small abalone stars bordered with mother of pearl at the 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th and 15th frets. Johnny Cash's signature in pearl appears between the 19th and 20th frets.
Because it's a Martin, the D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative sounds as good as it looks. Combining an Engelmann spruce top with 1/4" forward shifted scalloped braces gives this Dreadnought sweet tone and incredible responsiveness. Back and sides of East Indian rosewood add warmth and projection. The 1-11/16" neck is carved from genuine mahogany. A bone nut and compensated bone saddle (fitted in an ebony belly bridge), enhance its resounding power and clarity. Abalone-topped black Style 42 bridge pins and endpin add an elegant touch of color. A polished and beveled black”of course”pickguard protects the top.
This black guitar deserves a black case, specifically a Geib style case with special black hardware and a black interior. The D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative guitar comes with a special interior label in tribute to the "Man in Black," each personally signed by Cash's son, John Carter Cash and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV, and numbered in sequence.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 1/4''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: HD Zig-Zag
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black White Boltaron
- SIDE INLAY: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style Logo
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid w/ Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Select Abalone Stars Bordered in M.O.P
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Black
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss/ Black
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss/ Black
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Grover 102C
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Black w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black
- CASE: 545E w/ Black Hardware & Interior
- INTERIOR LABEL: Signed by CFM IV & John Carter Cash